RAD 700i System Update
To download the updater tool and check for firmware and defender database updates:
- Save the file.
- Extract (unzip) the file.
- Run (double click on Cobra_RAD_700i_Update_Installer_V1.0.exe) to install onto your PC and follow the InstallShield Wizard instructions. A desktop icon (Cobra RAD 700i Update) will be created on your desktop.
- To update the firmware, connect RAD 700i to your PC using a standard USB-A to USB-micro cable.
- Start Cobra RAD 700i Update.
- The software will notify you if your RAD 700i is up to date. If an update is available, the software update button will turn green.
- To install the new firmware, click the green software update button. After the installation is complete, you will receive a pop-up windows indicating your RAD 700i is up to date.
Note: OS compatibility for the Cobra update software is for Windows XP, 7.0, 8.0, 10, 11